5 Tips for Choosing an SEO Company for Your Small Business
Every business owner or manager at some point in their career continues to be confronted with the task of getting more traffic to their company website. Inevitably when budgets are tight and advertising dollars are scarce, they frequently turn to SEO as a solution.
SEO is short for for Seo. It is the is the practice of growing the visibility of website within the organic or non paid search results that appear in search engines like google. This can be a daunting task no doubt. For seasoned professionals as myself, everyday the rules seem to change. How well your internet site is structured is usually known as on site or one page SEO. The onsite SEO of your website plays a huge role in how much you'll pay for PPC advertising too.
Through the years I haven't come across many Business people who have been successful with their DIY method of SEO. Generally, they wind up making things worse by not understanding the main difference between reciprocal and organic backlinks, or duplicate websites content etc. A website with solid SEO will in reality start earning SEO value as well. Ever ask yourself why some domain names only cost a few bucks while some command thousands? The answer my pal is SEO value!
Let's assume you've already realized that you have to hire a professional to handle your website SEO. Let's review a few tips for choosing anyone to manage your Small Business Marketing and SEO.
1. Believe in instincts! When the offer seems too good to be true, it probably is. If the SEO company is pressuring you to close the deal, or seem flippant explaining basic ways of you, odds are they're more interested in getting your money than producing results.
2. You get what you purchase! Search engine optimization and pricing vary greatly as does the level of service you'll receive. Your site will actually be "docked" ranking by the Search Engines of black hat or improper SEO strategies are utilized. You'll often find these practices done mostly by offshore firms that offer basement discount pricing. You are looking for legitimate SEO strategies... there are no shortcuts!
3. Set a financial budget and stick to it... for the long haul. SEO doesn't happen overnight. It requires months for web site to climb up google rankings. Especially if you are a new website or website name, there are many websites much like yours which have history on their own side. Pick a budget you are feeling comfortable investing in for six to nine months minimum.
4. Communicate! Select a SEO company that has knowledge about Small company Marketing in your industry. They'll be more understanding and become more helpful when communicating their ways of you or explaining challenges. As your SEO improves, you should always be communicating new goals for keyword rankings
5. Leave your butt and help! I saw this tongue and cheek however i would rather work with a Business proprietor who is active in the process vs. one who just hands them back in my experience. The business owner may be the expert within their field, and they likely have access to valuable resources that the Search engine optimization company does not. A perfect example is trade publication websites or association websites. Reputable websites within the same industry provide a strong endorsement of the website when they list or link to it.
Seek information and talk to other business owners or even request recommendations in the SEO companies you need to do consider. With a little due diligence on your part, and a willingness to commit the time and budget necessary, before you know it you'll be climbing the ranks!